Last update: February 2020
We want to make sure you feel comfortable about what happens when you browse our website, download our app or give us any of your Personal Information.
Our websites in the UK and the Republic of Ireland are:
This policy will refer to these websites, our App and other services which require you to provide us with your Personal Information collectively as the “Service”.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the “Act”), the Data Controller of our Services for both UK and Irish customers is Black Rooster Franchising Ltd. Our registered company number is SC635071.
All information will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998). If you want to read more about the Act, you will find a link below:
United Kingdom: ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
Republic of Ireland: dataprotection.ie/docs/A-guide-to-your-rights-Plain-English-Version/r/858.htm
When you use our Service (e.g. by visiting one of our restaurants, visiting the website on a mobile device, tablet or desktop) or download and use our Loyalty App, you may provide us with information personal to you such as your name, address, postcode, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, occupation (including whether you are a student). You may provide additional Personal Information if you wish.
You may provide us with Personal Information in a number of ways:
1) by registering for our Loyalty App or by subscribing to receive email, SMS or Push communications from us. To become a registered Loyalty App holder you must provide us with your name, email address, date of birth and postcode, but you may provide us with additional information if you choose to do so.
2) by allowing us to collect your physical geolocation through our website location finder and Loyalty App (if you have enabled Location Services)
3) by registering to use our in-restaurant WiFi services.
4) by signing up for promotions or competitions.
5) by corresponding with our Customer Experience team by email, live chat, in writing, on social media or telephone, in which case we may retain the content of your emails, letters or conversations together with your title, name, email address, the social media username that you’re using, telephone number and our responses.
We also collect information about your device, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, the geographical location of your device, how you use our Service, and the date and length of your visit. This information is collected automatically. This information is aggregated and it does not identify you as an individual. We do this to help improve your experience on our Service.
We use your personal information for:
1) allowing you to create a Black Rooster Loyalty account and to use any of the services we provide to account holders via the website and app
2) to respond to any correspondence (emails, letters, post)
3) contacting you with information about our products, services, news and special offers, if you’ve given your consent (signed up to it) when you registered with us
4) making sure you get the best experience from our Service - depending on what computer or device that you’re using
5) if you’re using the Loyalty App (and you have given us permission to do so by enabling this on your device), sending you ‘Push’ notifications containing information about our products and services and to provide you with information in the App
6) notifying you about changes or updates to any of our Services
7) carrying out market research and product development
8) meeting legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
9) investigating any complaints about the Service
10) investigating any safety or security incidents or breaches.
We will ensure only the data that we require for the services being used is processed.
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. In most cases, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
1) Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you, e.g. in the in-store processing of an online order.
2) Where we need to comply with a legal obligation, e.g. in the investigation of a complaint or accident.
3) Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, e.g. to gather feedback from you on our products and services
4) Where we have your explicit consent to do so, e.g. if you have signed up to receive our regular newsletter emails
We only share information with companies that we use to help us better understand and serve you. We never sell or give your Personal Information away to anybody.
We may share your Personal Information with:
Black Rooster entities:
We’ll share your “Personal Information” with people or departments within Black Rooster but only if they have a legitimate business need to access it.
We engage third party order processors to facilitate your online order system. These third party processors may store your Personal Information details in accordance with their own Privacy Policies.
We may also share Personal Information with third parties (such as social media and search engine platforms) for marketing, advertising and strategic development purposes to help us understand customer trends and patterns and to make sure that we are talking to you about the most relevant things. We conduct periodic reviews of third parties to ensure compliance.
We may also share such details with auditors or legal professionals to obtain professional advice. If we do this, your statutory data protection rights will be preserved.
If we’re requested by the police, a regulatory or government authority in the investigation of suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information, then we are entitled do so.
Occasionally, we’ll ask to share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes. We’ll only do this when we have your explicit consent to do so (for example, when you enter a competition we’ll ask for your consent).
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take steps to protect your information, we cannot always guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure and will continue to maintain and improve these security measures in line with legal and technological developments.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Where you’ve chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of our Service, please keep this confidential. We recommend that you don’t share your password with anyone else. We recommend that your password is unique to your Black Rooster account. We will not be liable for any unauthorised access or transactions entered into using your name and password where it has been shared with your permission or if you haven’t taken adequate steps to prevent it. If you access our Service using a public computer, we advise you not to store your password and to log out of any parts of our Service. If you’re using a mobile phone or tablet to use our Service, we advise that you have an appropriate passcode.
You have the right to access any of your Personal Information that we hold. To protect your privacy and security, we’ll take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we carry out your request. We will not ordinarily charge a fee for access to your Personal Information but we are entitled to charge a reasonable fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information to you if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You also have the right to ask us to update or amend any information that is wrong, ask us to stop sending you marketing information or even to ask us to delete your account and the associated Personal Information.
If you have any questions about what we do with your Personal Information, ask us to make any changes to your account or to make a complaint please contact us using one of the methods below:
Writing to us at Black Rooster Franchising Ltd, 21 West Nile Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G1 2PS
Emailing us at email@example.com
We hope we can answer any questions or resolve any problems but if you are still unhappy then you can contact:
United Kingdom: Information Commissioner’s Office via their webservice www.ico.org.uk
Republic of Ireland: Information Protection Commissioner via their webservice http://www.dataprotection.ie
We won’t keep your Personal Information for longer than is necessary for legitimate business purposes or than is required by law.
Our Services are not intended for children and are therefore only to be used by anyone aged 14 or over and those under the age of 16 should have their parents or guardians’ permission. We encourage the supervision of children's online activities. For example, parental control tools which are available online to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other Personal Information online without parental permission. Your child's privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding children's Personal Information collected online. Users of our Service may participate in many activities without providing any Personal Information. However, if you’d like to participate in certain interactive features on our Service, we’ll ask you to provide us with certain information, such as your email address and age. Black Rooster will not send any marketing communications to anyone who has disclosed that they are aged under 16.